Tuesday, April 26, 2011

if i were a boxer

if i could tell you everything i would never tell you anything true. i wish with all of my heart that you, whoever you are, did not exist so that i could float here like the rest of them, content to be on the verge, a breaking point of madness and lack of wonder. everyone flirts with this cliff, this bottomless empty bowl we fill with charms and gods and nameless fucks. some story. some game. whatever creates the art that they buy that they want that they love that reflects them. these mirrors for the narcissism. hold yours up to me, fall in love, you will not be found wanting.

wait for it, sad prince, whatever reason i look tarnished. stare me down,then, when you think i am less, when whiskey makes you more. i will shimmer and sigh, sauntering over to you. what do you wish, what is your want? i will take off all of my clothes and still be dressed. you cannot come inside, despite your hard pounding. you will try. i will show you my back, as it is said, what you see as i am breaking your heart. the fog in which you will exist should part some day soon, i will be a mirage. you will think i never existed at all. until you see me again. until you spy my breathing on someone else's neck. someone with a no better than you ever were, only not you, and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment